Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simple tree - Ligustrum communis

4 posters

Go down

Simple tree - Ligustrum communis Empty Simple tree - Ligustrum communis

Post  Fox CWB Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:53 pm

Hi IBC,

This is just a simple post, regarding one of my first tree. It was collect right in my backyard about 9 years ago. It was supposed to have about 5 years in that time.

Most of the branches are not well positioned as it should be. but these are mistakes easily perpetrated when you are a begginner.
As I don`t like to throw my plants away, and as the time goes by, I got used to it and now I see some beauty on it.
The bark got extremelly rough.

Simple tree - Ligustrum communis P1010710

Simple tree - Ligustrum communis P1010711
Fox CWB
Fox CWB

Back to top Go down

Simple tree - Ligustrum communis Empty VIRTUAL TREE

Post  abcd Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:30 am

Hello,
the head of the tree should lean towards the first branch, virtual photographie in the future, beautifull tree .
Simple tree - Ligustrum communis Arbre10
abcd
abcd

Back to top Go down

Simple tree - Ligustrum communis Empty Re: Simple tree - Ligustrum communis

Post  Guest Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:37 pm

abcd wrote:Hello,
the head of the tree should lean towards the first branch, virtual photographie in the future, beautifull tree .
Simple tree - Ligustrum communis Arbre10

Why "should" that be? If you want to apply the strict and oldskool rules, maybe, but I dont think there is much 'news' in shaping all trees like that if the overall look leans towards that.
According to me there's nothing wrong with the image of the tree, except refining/ramifying/wiring. Offcourse we dont have a top, rear or side view.

Back to top Go down

Post  leatherback Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:54 pm

yves71277 wrote:
Why "should" that be? If you want to apply the strict and oldskool rules, maybe, but I dont think there is much 'news' in shaping all trees like that if the overall look leans towards that.

Maybe the difference between wanting to create something that looks like a bonsai vss someting that looks like a miniature tree Very Happy
leatherback
leatherback

Back to top Go down

Post  Fox CWB Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:06 pm

Thanks your comments.
as I do every january, the tree will be defoliated, and the new shoots will be wired properly.
as the tree is getting old, it´s hard to get new shoots.
Only on the end of the thinner branchs I have new shoots.
Fox CWB
Fox CWB

Back to top Go down

Post  Hank Miller Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:10 pm

Have you considered bringing the lowest branch on the left forward to create a more dramatic windswept style? Hank
Hank Miller
Hank Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  abcd Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:36 am

Maybe the difference between wanting to create something that looks like a bonsai vss someting that looks like a miniature tree
It s not really that, but creating a bonsai who looks like a miniature tree with unbalance, therefore more dynamism , with the head on the left, i think the tree is more static.
[img]Simple tree - Ligustrum communis Arbre110[/img]

[img]Simple tree - Ligustrum communis Arbre111[/img]
abcd
abcd

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:34 pm

abcd wrote:Maybe the difference between wanting to create something that looks like a bonsai vss someting that looks like a miniature tree
It s not really that, but creating a bonsai who looks like a miniature tree with unbalance, therefore more dynamism , with the head on the left, i think the tree is more static.
[img]Simple tree - Ligustrum communis Arbre110[/img]

[img]Simple tree - Ligustrum communis Arbre111[/img]

who said anything about the head on the left again? i dont usually narrow everything what is said or posted here, into something what has never been said. Exagerating things to prove or show the opposite, takes the fun out of it, no?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down