Windswept finger Crassula

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Windswept finger Crassula

Post  Guest on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:52 pm

CUTTING: 2005. Dry rooting the crassula is dead easy.



UPRIGHT: 2009. It looks OK but not very exciting.



WNDSWEPT: 2012 (today). It needs a bit more pruning and wiring to "flatten" the top but I'm satisfied with the overall design.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Windswept finger Crassula

Post  GašperG on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:25 pm

Scion, that is a nice looking crassula that came a long way. I have not yet seen this species in windswept form, but it looks great. I like the last photo you took and I am not sure why would you need to flatten the canopy (maybe there is something I don't see) - to me it looks right as is. thumbs up

Gašper

GašperG
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Windswept finger Crassula

Post  MikeG on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:45 am

A huge improvement! I like the new windswept design very much. You took something quite ordinary and transformed it into a way more exciting image with great movement. Good job!

MikeG
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Windswept finger Crassula

Post  JimLewis on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:26 pm

Very nice. I would never have considered the species for bonsai.

BTW, I do not see a "windswept" there. I think in a windswept tree ALL of the branches would be tilted to the right by the prevailing winds. Here, the "lower" branches actually move into the "wind."

I do think it makes a nice slanting/semi-cascade, clinging-to-a-cliff style, though.

_________________
Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Windswept finger Crassula

Post  Guest on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:28 pm

GašperG wrote:Scion, that is a nice looking crassula that came a long way. I have not yet seen this species in windswept form, but it looks great. I like the last photo you took and I am not sure why would you need to flatten the canopy (maybe there is something I don't see) - to me it looks right as is. thumbs up

Gašper

mgallex wrote:A huge improvement! I like the new windswept design very much. You took something quite ordinary and transformed it into a way more exciting image with great movement. Good job!

JimLewis wrote:Very nice. I would never have considered the species for bonsai.

BTW, I do not see a "windswept" there. I think in a windswept tree ALL of the branches would be tilted to the right by the prevailing winds. Here, the "lower" branches actually move into the "wind."

I do think it makes a nice slanting/semi-cascade, clinging-to-a-cliff style, though.


Thanks to all of your kind comments on my slanting/semi-cascade, clinging-to-a-cliff style finger Crassula!


I gave it a serious look Gašper. You may be right and I might not try to flatten it after all. Smile

The tree sort of chose its own direction, mgallex. I first wanted to make it an upright but the thing grew in a way that demanded something else. Wink

Here in Sweden, the wind sometimes blows from Denmark but other times it blows from Russia, Jim. Perhaps I ought to call it a "cross-wind swept". Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Windswept finger Crassula

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:44 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum