Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windswept finger Crassula

3 posters

Go down

Windswept finger Crassula Empty Windswept finger Crassula

Post  Guest Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:52 pm

CUTTING: 2005. Dry rooting the crassula is dead easy.
Windswept finger Crassula Cuttin17

UPRIGHT: 2009. It looks OK but not very exciting.
Windswept finger Crassula Uprigh10

WNDSWEPT: 2012 (today). It needs a bit more pruning and wiring to "flatten" the top but I'm satisfied with the overall design.
Windswept finger Crassula Windsw10

Back to top Go down

Windswept finger Crassula Empty Re: Windswept finger Crassula

Post  GašperG Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:25 pm

Scion, that is a nice looking crassula that came a long way. I have not yet seen this species in windswept form, but it looks great. I like the last photo you took and I am not sure why would you need to flatten the canopy (maybe there is something I don't see) - to me it looks right as is. thumbs up

Gašper
GašperG
GašperG

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeG Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:45 am

A huge improvement! I like the new windswept design very much. You took something quite ordinary and transformed it into a way more exciting image with great movement. Good job!
MikeG
MikeG

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:26 pm

Very nice. I would never have considered the species for bonsai.

BTW, I do not see a "windswept" there. I think in a windswept tree ALL of the branches would be tilted to the right by the prevailing winds. Here, the "lower" branches actually move into the "wind."

I do think it makes a nice slanting/semi-cascade, clinging-to-a-cliff style, though.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:28 pm

GašperG wrote:Scion, that is a nice looking crassula that came a long way. I have not yet seen this species in windswept form, but it looks great. I like the last photo you took and I am not sure why would you need to flatten the canopy (maybe there is something I don't see) - to me it looks right as is. thumbs up

Gašper

mgallex wrote:A huge improvement! I like the new windswept design very much. You took something quite ordinary and transformed it into a way more exciting image with great movement. Good job!

JimLewis wrote:Very nice. I would never have considered the species for bonsai.

BTW, I do not see a "windswept" there. I think in a windswept tree ALL of the branches would be tilted to the right by the prevailing winds. Here, the "lower" branches actually move into the "wind."

I do think it makes a nice slanting/semi-cascade, clinging-to-a-cliff style, though.

Thanks to all of your kind comments on my slanting/semi-cascade, clinging-to-a-cliff style finger Crassula!

I gave it a serious look Gašper. You may be right and I might not try to flatten it after all. Smile

The tree sort of chose its own direction, mgallex. I first wanted to make it an upright but the thing grew in a way that demanded something else. Wink

Here in Sweden, the wind sometimes blows from Denmark but other times it blows from Russia, Jim. Perhaps I ought to call it a "cross-wind swept". Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down