Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yosemite Waterfall Kakejiku

2 posters

Go down

Yosemite Waterfall Kakejiku Empty Yosemite Waterfall Kakejiku

Post  Kakejiku Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:45 pm

If you would like to read more about this wallscroll please go to the following link.
http://www.wallscroll.blogspot.com/2012/10/yosemite-waterfall-sumie.html
Yosemite Waterfall Kakejiku Yosemi10
Kakejiku
Kakejiku

Back to top Go down

Yosemite Waterfall Kakejiku Empty six hour drive home

Post  stonener Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:33 am

Brain storming possible Tokonoma display companions for this scroll,
was the topic of our conversation and made long drive Home bearable.
Bonsai materials suggested were ones that grow under large pines or redwoods,
and season could be suggested by flowers, berries or bare branches.
Dogwood, Azalea's, Rock Rose, Mansanitta, Oak and many others mentioned.
As for Okimono or accents it was never ending, we used cookies as rewards for good choices.
Better idea's more cookies, some of my favorites were made of bronze, but feathers to bones offered.
Toad, Quail, Turkey, Trout, Hawk, Bear, Rabbit, Snail or Crickets, the Owl was my favorite, 3 cookie prize.
As for accent plants, seasonal flowering blubs, ground orchids or covers, ferns, seed pods or mushrooms.
3 cookie treat was for mountain lion dropping in dry grass clump of course, seasonal!
Then we really got going, clear glass pebbles for ice, empty birds nest or just egg shells on jiita.
Then a crushed hemp leaf for fragrance under bonsai pot! was suggested, was seasonal of course.
This was an added fourth dimension for the viewer, interactive if you will, bonus cookie category.
gold panning plate was my favorite, but at that point we were home and out of animal cookies... Basketball

Last edited by stonener on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : +)

stonener

Back to top Go down

Yosemite Waterfall Kakejiku Empty Re: Yosemite Waterfall Kakejiku

Post  Kakejiku Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:16 am

Your scroll is better Mr. Stonener. The gold panning plate is interesting...Have seen many Japanese displays with calligraphy brush and ink... Razz
Scat? Interesting choice...not so sure anyone could bear the smell. Sad
Hemp?...Just hope you think I have not been smoking it... Cool

Actually, can't wait to see what you come up with for tree or viewing stone actually set in the display.
Kakejiku
Kakejiku

Back to top Go down

Yosemite Waterfall Kakejiku Empty so many choices, so little time

Post  stonener Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:14 am

Hey Buddy!
Have been busy harvesting black bamboo from the lower yard.
Your idea of using bamboo inside the Tokonoma wall was an answer to a prayer.
I cut the widest bamboo timber I have for the sides, a gold color type with a small green strip.
Going to cut it in half length wise, top to bottom, tricky to say the lest.
Wife is gone on vacation to her BFF house, so ripped up wall closet as soon as I got back from Sac.
Going to ikea to look for two black plain, different height single draws cubes, set side by side other end.
Will keep receipt just in case too much black, but at each end with two gold timber half as frame? ok?
Thinking of using cork for background, light neutral color, can you picture it? or paint?/color?
Want to raise what would be the floor inside 6" and cover with t.mat?, do you still have info on vender?
If not good on here! shoot me an email Please! "I VALUE YOUR OPINION" need those Japanese terms 2... Basketball

Last edited by stonener on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : + or -)

stonener

Back to top Go down

Post  Kakejiku Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:40 pm

Another pic as Seki Kazari...it should have a 下敷Shitajiki laid down on the surface, but my wife was at work and I did not know where she kept her larger felt piece.
Yosemite Waterfall Kakejiku Yosemi10
Kakejiku
Kakejiku

Back to top Go down

Yosemite Waterfall Kakejiku Empty Nicely Done

Post  stonener Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:41 am

Simple, clean & very effictive!
Less is More... cyclops
I sat and rested there,
while hearing the rumble,
and staring across the valley... Basketball

Last edited by stonener on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : -)

stonener

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down