Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice/Instuctions on Pinus Mugo

+9
Vance Wood
leatherback
korf
Hans van Meer.
marcus watts
rps
Sakaki
Billy M. Rhodes
my nellie
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Advice/Instuctions on Pinus Mugo - Page 3 Empty Re: Advice/Instuctions on Pinus Mugo

Post  Fore Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:14 pm

Following this thread as well, I have much to accomplish with mine this yr., getting it out of the clay ball and trimming it back some to a more manageable size. I'm going to hold off till mid-late june for here in Chicago, but I'm going to cross my fingers as this does seem like a finicky tree to work with.
Good Luck Neli with yours!
Fore
Fore

Back to top Go down

Advice/Instuctions on Pinus Mugo - Page 3 Empty Re: Advice/Instuctions on Pinus Mugo

Post  Vance Wood Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:03 pm

Fore wrote:Following this thread as well, I have much to accomplish with mine this yr., getting it out of the clay ball and trimming it back some to a more manageable size.  I'm going to hold off till mid-late june for here in Chicago, but I'm going to cross my fingers as this does seem like a finicky tree to work with.  

If you could or would post a picture either here or on Bnut I would love to see it and offer a suggestion or two if you wish.
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Vance Wood Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:37 pm

Fore wrote:Following this thread as well, I have much to accomplish with mine this yr., getting it out of the clay ball and trimming it back some to a more manageable size.  I'm going to hold off till mid-late june for here in Chicago, but I'm going to cross my fingers as this does seem like a finicky tree to work with.  

I have not found them finicky to work with at all, if they are worked on at the proper time of the year.   If you do them the same time of year you work on JBP look out, you are in for a ride.  However; if you work on them any time after Father's Day (Last of June) all the way to the middle of October, they respond really well.  In my experience you can do almost any thing to them you want during this time of year and they do just fine.  It seems the only Mugos that  have trouble during this very large window are those that are grafted onto Scots Pine stock for what ever reason, mostly climate from what I have been able to discover thanks to information furnished by Nelli.  However; I have never run into grafted Mugos in America.
Vance Wood
Vance Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3