Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shopping for pots in Tokyo ?

5 posters

Go down

Shopping for pots in Tokyo ? Empty Shopping for pots in Tokyo ?

Post  GriGri Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:55 am

Does anybody know any shop to buy Pots while in Tokyo (inside Tokyo preferably). I have already been to the Green Club and did not find much (more trees than pots).

I'd like to bring back some nice tokoname or others

Regards

GriGri

Back to top Go down

Shopping for pots in Tokyo ? Empty Re: Shopping for pots in Tokyo ?

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:19 am

Make a day trip, take the Bullet Train to Nagoya and the local to Tokoname.

Plenty of places there, well not as many as there used to be but still plenty.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  GriGri Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:20 pm

Unfortunately more time than I have to spare (3h30mins one way). I was hoping for something closer, possibly in Tokyo itself

Thanks Billy

GriGri

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:04 pm

Try some of the Ginza department stores -- top floors. I seem to recall seeing advertisements -- somewhere -- about a bonsai store on the Ginza, tho it likely would be expensive.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:07 pm

GriGri wrote:Unfortunately more time than I have to spare (3h30mins one way). I was hoping for something closer, possibly in Tokyo itself

Thanks Billy

We spent the night in Nagoya, took the local round trip to Tokoname, and then the Bullet Train to Kyoto. I almost got the wrong train and went to Hiroshima.

There is a major airport near Tokoname and that train ride would be shorter. Central Japan International Airport

But by the time you get to the airport etc. maybe not any faster.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Cooper Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:41 pm

Another option is perhaps the Omiya Bonsai Village, and it's only about 45 - 60mins by train from Tokyo to Omiya Koen ?? http://www.stib.jp/e/tourism/omiyabonsai.html
Here's a link to a useful Japan train timetable resource which we find very useful (if you don't already know about it) .... http://www.hyperdia.com/en/

Mark Cooper
Mark Cooper

Back to top Go down

Shopping for pots in Tokyo ? Empty where to buy pots in Tokyo

Post  kora Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:43 pm

One other option-and if you have not been to Shunka-en, Kunio Kobayashis garden, then that is a must for any bonsai person anyway-he always has an assortment of old pots from inexpensive-a few thousand yen to the the finest-most expensive. If you need directions, send me a private message,kora

kora

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:59 pm

kora wrote:One other option-and if you have not been to Shunka-en, Kunio Kobayashis garden, then that is a must for any bonsai person anyway-he always has an assortment of old pots from inexpensive-a few thousand yen to the the finest-most expensive. If you need directions, send me a private message,kora

Been there, he does have a lot of pots but some might be quite valuable, I really don't know

Shopping for pots in Tokyo ? Img_8013

Not to mention a lot of trees, his nursery is really a museum and costs 800 yen admission, but worth it.

Shopping for pots in Tokyo ? Img_8014
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down