Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JBP restyle?

2 posters

Go down

JBP restyle?  Empty JBP restyle?

Post  Jason Eider Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:03 pm

Hello All,
my first tree I've posted here. Have had this cork bark JBP for about three years now, working on refining the branch structure so far and plan on grafting at the base next spring to improve the nebari. also looking for a more suitable pot.
I know it needs some work on final branch placement/angles/mass to balance the tree, and the apex needs a lot of work/development.
needs a lot of work Smile ,but thats the fun part of all this anyway Very Happy
I like the classic moyogi style of this pine, butI can't help but to think there is a better tree waiting to be brought out. I have seen some amazing virrtuals on this site. any help/suggestions appreciated.
thanks, Jason
JBP restyle?  Big_jb10
current front
JBP restyle?  Big_jb11
back
JBP restyle?  Big_jb12
side
JBP restyle?  Big_jb13
other side
Jason Eider
Jason Eider

Back to top Go down

JBP restyle?  Empty Re: JBP restyle?

Post  marcus watts Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:58 pm

hi,
nice material

for me the large branch half way up is to thick to be a branch, and then the trunk above it is too thin to be a trunk Very Happy this works perfectly though to lean the tree and shorten it so the branch becomes the trunk - virt is very rough but it gives the idea of the tree i see here. It has movement, interest and takes the material away from the obvious up left right style it has atm

JBP restyle?  Big_jb10

cheers Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Eider Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:48 pm

Thanks Marcus, I like the virt alot!
One of the things that has bothered me w/ the current design is length of the tree/ the distances between foliage pads.
A compact design is route I'd like to take w/ this tree.

Thanks again,
Jason
Jason Eider
Jason Eider

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down