Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spruce Yamadori - first styling

+16
juniper07
Berner
abcd
dorothy7774
Russell Coker
sabamiki
Todd Ellis
Orion
Tona
Hans van Meer.
Pavel Slovák
Sakaki
yamasuri
GašperG
GriGri
rolandp
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Spruce Yamadori - first styling - Page 2 Empty Re: Spruce Yamadori - first styling

Post  Orion Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:27 pm

Really beautiful tree, you've done an excellent progression.
Orion
Orion

Back to top Go down

Spruce Yamadori - first styling - Page 2 Empty Re: Spruce Yamadori - first styling

Post  Todd Ellis Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:48 am

Lovely tree! What kind of pot do you have in mind?
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  sabamiki Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:05 pm

I'm jealous Wink I see great future for this tree , progress is very good Roland . congratulations
sabamiki
sabamiki

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:58 pm

rolandp wrote:Dear IBC members.

I like to share the update on the Spruce with you. The two big jins will be smaller eventually when i don't use them a anchors any more. The pot is as well a training pot and will be replaced in the future. But i think a good step forward was done and I hope you like it as well.

Spruce Yamadori - first styling - Page 2 600-005

Cheers, roland
Hi my friend,
once again, well don! cheers I am happy to see that you have such a good eye for open spaces, they make this tree look far away from use , tall and realy huge! Majestic comes to mind when you look at your creation! I am not so keen on the lower tip of the cascading branch breaking trough the line of the pot, it's closes of that open space between pot and branch, but that might be the angle of the picture. But that is all nitpicking, it's a stunner and one that is very promising!
Keep us posted!
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.

Last edited by Hans van Meer. on Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:02 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typOnegotive)
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:09 pm

I think it's incredible. It reminds me of the old Cedrus I see in pictures of estate gardens in Europe. I wouldn't change anything. Just beautiful!
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  dorothy7774 Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:13 pm

Russell Coker wrote:

I think it's incredible.  It reminds me of the old Cedrus I see in pictures of estate gardens in Europe.  I wouldn't change anything.  Just beautiful!
I second all of what Russel said. Also, a very clever way of utilizing the height of the trunk. Is the upper third of the visible trunk still alive?

Best,
Dorothy
dorothy7774
dorothy7774

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:21 am

Very nice Result Rolandp.

Nicely done!

regards,
jun Smile 

Back to top Go down

Spruce Yamadori - first styling - Page 2 Empty spruce

Post  abcd Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:02 am

smalls modifications
Spruce Yamadori - first styling - Page 2 <a href=Spruce Yamadori - first styling - Page 2 Spruce10" />
abcd
abcd

Back to top Go down

Post  rolandp Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:09 pm

Hi all. Thank you for the all the kind words. I'm veeeeery happy you like the styling and the current look of the tree. Very Happy 

Todd Ellis wrote:Lovely tree! What kind of pot do you have in mind?
I think the pot will be very similar to the shape of the pot which "abcd" made in the virtual. abcd, thank you for this nice virtual, the shorter dead top is definitely and alternative.

Hans van Meer. wrote:

Hi my friend,
once again, well don! cheers I am happy to see that you have such a good eye for open spaces, they make this tree look far away from use , tall and realy huge! Majestic comes to mind when you look at your creation! I am not so keen on the lower tip of the cascading branch breaking trough the line of the pot, it's closes of that open space between pot and branch, but that might be the angle of the picture. But that is all nitpicking, it's a stunner and one that is very promising!
Keep us posted!
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hello my Friend. You teached me the principles of open spaces in such good way that this is only my application of your teaching. I must admit that i didn't pay attention to the lover tip of the branch in the alignment of the line of the pot (its not the angle of the picture Embarassed ). This will be changed for sure, so thanks a lot for this observation:). Im very happy you like the styling my friend.

dorothy7774 wrote:
Russell Coker wrote:

I think it's incredible.  It reminds me of the old Cedrus I see in pictures of estate gardens in Europe.  I wouldn't change anything.  Just beautiful!
I second all of what Russel said. Also, a very clever way of utilizing the height of the trunk. Is the upper third of the visible trunk still alive?

Best,
Dorothy
Hi Dorothy, the upper third of the trunk is unfortunately not alive. The new top is an old branch from the back of the trunk which i bended step by step each year and now its almost in the final position.

Cheers, roland
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Post  Berner Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:43 am

Hi Roland

Great tree and superb transformation - I really appreciate the great health of the tree as well. Good choice of pot - just excellent!

Best regards Jens
Berner
Berner

Back to top Go down

Post  juniper07 Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:31 am

I love this tree... and I think the pot suits it well. Maybe in the future you can move the tree just a tad bit more towards the center.
juniper07
juniper07

Back to top Go down

Post  rolandp Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:00 pm

Dear IBC member.

The Spruce got a bigger pot  pot and new styling.
This is the current image of the tree. I hope you like the progress.

Spruce Yamadori - first styling - Page 2 Dsc6639s

Kind regards,
Roland
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Post  yamasuri Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:33 am

Growing to the beauty. Very nice tree.
yamasuri
yamasuri

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:23 pm

BRAVO !

as a novice, i really dig seeing what transpires over the course of a few years...

beautiful tree

(i have a large spruce i am currently working on)
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  crust Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:48 pm

Beautiful spruce! So, in your experience, what are to key techniques to developing healthy, dense spruces.

crust

Back to top Go down

Post  BobbyLane Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:44 pm

Very nice Cool
BobbyLane
BobbyLane

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelS Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:42 am

Excellent work. Very appealing!
MichaelS
MichaelS

Back to top Go down

Post  rolandp Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:09 pm

crust wrote:Beautiful spruce! So, in your experience, what are to key techniques to developing healthy, dense spruces.

Thank you, I'm glad you like it.
In my opinion this is a very good description how to develop Spruces

Page 1 - http://www.bonsai4me.com/AdvTech/ATPiceaPruningstylingandwiring.htm
Page 2 - http://www.bonsai4me.com/AdvTech/ATPiceaPruningstylingandwiring%20page2.html

kind regards, roland
rolandp
rolandp

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:24 pm

thanks for the linkety-links roland !
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next