Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japanese Holly

4 posters

Go down

Japanese Holly Empty Japanese Holly

Post  robba73 Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:47 pm

Hi all,

Got a japanese holly, the tree has been with me for about a year. Two weeks ago it started losing its leaves and there's a lot of branch dieback as well. Just wondering what's going on. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

robba73

Back to top Go down

Japanese Holly Empty Re: Japanese Holly

Post  JimLewis Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:22 pm

If you don't see any critters on the tree, check the roots.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:39 am

I have always had a tough time keep japanese holy in pots myself, have several in the ground that are growing like weeds, but in the pot I have found that I have to keep them partially shaded and very well watered(usually using a soil mix containing more organic material than I generally use for more refined material), especially after repotting or any kind of root work, otherwise I end up with leaf lose and branch die back. Not sure any of that helps, just my personal experience, best of luck.
Steven
Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin_ Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:56 pm

I'm in London too, and I've noticed exactly the same thing with a Japanese Holly I bought in the spring of 2010, although mine is planted in the ground. The remaining foliage looks healthy and there's even some new buds, but a lot of branches are completely dead.

Justin_

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down