Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raft Big leaf Crepe Myrtle (local name: Banaba)

3 posters

Go down

Raft Big leaf  Crepe Myrtle (local name: Banaba) Empty Raft Big leaf Crepe Myrtle (local name: Banaba)

Post  darwin Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:54 am

Sharing my newly transplanted Lagestroemia speciosa or locally named Banaba. Personally hunted this one from our place in Laguna, Philippines during the lenten season. I love the raft look. Hope the wires will not affect its health.

Raft Big leaf  Crepe Myrtle (local name: Banaba) Banaba1

More detailed base:

Raft Big leaf  Crepe Myrtle (local name: Banaba) Banaba2

Last edited by darwin on Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:13 am; edited 3 times in total

darwin

Back to top Go down

Raft Big leaf  Crepe Myrtle (local name: Banaba) Empty Re: Raft Big leaf Crepe Myrtle (local name: Banaba)

Post  misfit1 Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:01 pm

Nice potential here. Smile It has a really nice base. I like to see different styles like rafts or clumps as they can be more interesting that the standard single trunk specimen tree. It does look like there is a crossing root in the front that will probably need to be dealt with in the future, but that's a pretty small detail. Keep us posted of the development.

BTW, we call this tree Crepe Myrtle over here. Very Happy
misfit1
misfit1

Back to top Go down

Raft Big leaf  Crepe Myrtle (local name: Banaba) Empty Re: Raft Big leaf Crepe Myrtle (local name: Banaba)

Post  darwin Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:38 am

Thanks misfit for sharing your local name, it enlightened me, I thought I'm alone growing lagestroemia specie.

I'm hoping this big leaf myrtle will turn small in the future.

darwin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:14 am

Hi Darwin.

Are you the person I met in UP?

BTW..The wiring I think is too much for setting the primary branches?

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  darwin Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:34 am

Yes Jun it's me. Thanks for spending some time touring me there last time. Please suggest primary branches I need to retain Very Happy

darwin

Back to top Go down

Post  vanxeng Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:34 am

The leaves are quite large! if you can make the leaves smaller, this tree will be nicer! good luck!

vanxeng

Back to top Go down

Post  darwin Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:06 pm

Vanxeng, I'm hoping that it's leaves will become smaller thru time. Upon research, this is the big leaf crepe myrtle.

darwin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down