Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juniperus Communis (?) start

2 posters

Go down

Juniperus Communis (?) start Empty Juniperus Communis (?) start

Post  leatherback Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:32 pm

Hi All,

Last winter I decided to buy an overgrown poor-excuse for a bonsai. After trimming of a few buckets of foliage, I decided the tree was too tall, and needed a trunk reduction. In short: Today I removed an airlayer, and now I am back to the styling ideas. Note that the main trunk was not trimmed after the initial trimmer, so that a lot of energy was available for the air layer to take. In my view the tick trunk is not pretty and could be killed of, and left as a yin, naturally after lots of tapering. That leaves me to the little trunk, which I would like to give a more natural appearence. To this end I have already pulled down the lower branches, and thinned out the pads back to main secundary branches for wiring. But I am a bit at a loss for good ideas. Anybody here with some good suggestions on a style?

Some pics:
Juniperus Communis (?) start Bonsai14
Juniperus Communis (?) start Bonsai15

and the airlayer, a mame-to-be:
Juniperus Communis (?) start Bonsai16
leatherback
leatherback

Back to top Go down

Juniperus Communis (?) start Empty Re: Juniperus Communis (?) start

Post  leatherback Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:55 am

As the main tree stands today..

Juniperus Communis (?) start 20190612
leatherback
leatherback

Back to top Go down

Post  John Quinn Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:29 pm

I like how it is coming along! I think the massive white deadwood is still a bit too thick compared to the live tree elements, despite your tapering efforts, but it will be better balanced as the tree continues to progress. Thanks for the update!
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down