Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fustic -Chlorophora tinctoria or Maclura tinctoria

+3
Precarious
Kevin S - Wisco Bonsai
Khaimraj Seepersad
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fustic -Chlorophora tinctoria or Maclura tinctoria - Page 2 Empty Re: Fustic -Chlorophora tinctoria or Maclura tinctoria

Post  Jesse Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:50 am

So this might be a completely ridiculous notion and you know I would totally defer to your expertise Khaimraj but as I look at that last update and based on your response it seems that branch might need to go in your opinion as well? My guess is you are already two or twelve steps ahead of me on this but with that new, tiny branch right next to it it seems like it would be a tempting time to remove it and then let that new little branch run super long to not only replace that lower branch but to thicken and 'flute' the base of the trunk like in your sketch and as a bonus help heal the cut from the big branch removal. Anyway, I'm a novice so take anything from me with a grain of salt but I wouldn't mind 'hearing' your thoughts.
Jesse
Jesse

Back to top Go down

Fustic -Chlorophora tinctoria or Maclura tinctoria - Page 2 Empty Re: Fustic -Chlorophora tinctoria or Maclura tinctoria

Post  Nigel Parke Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:15 pm

Khaimraj,

How's this tree doing now?

Nigel
Nigel Parke
Nigel Parke

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:25 pm

Hello Nigel,

apologies, dry season and my neighbour at 58 years says he is too old to cut his side of our
mutal privacy bamboo hedge. So Nic and I offered to lower it from 14' to just under 6'.
Fortunately, I also have the use of a chipper/shredder and Nic is developing his tomato
project. So 2 birds killed with one stone.

Hence the late reply and later images.

The Gmelinas will be by in about 3 weeks.

The Fustic is doing well, I have taken cuttings and airlayers. One cutting is in the grow trough.
One year later is about 7' tall and waiting for the Bonsai folk to come by and take what they
need. For free, I don't sell.

Anyhow this tree is thirsty, so enjoy the proper Bonsai pot image, in about 3 months or so it is
back to a deeper plastic bonsai pot.
Laters.
Khaimraj

Fustic -Chlorophora tinctoria or Maclura tinctoria - Page 2 Fus_2010
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2