Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Small strange Crepe Myrtle,bloom thanks to Jim Lewis

4 posters

Go down

Small strange Crepe Myrtle,bloom thanks to Jim Lewis Empty Small strange Crepe Myrtle,bloom thanks to Jim Lewis

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:48 pm

Hello to All,

I have had this root since 1981 or so. Came from either K-mart or one of those mall stores in Lafaytte, Louisiana, was a hybrid along with the watermelon red.
Of all my crepe myrtles [ Italian, Trinidadian or American ] this one blooms as of two years ago. Somewhat following instructions left by Jim Lewis on line.

Much thanks Jim.

Enjoy.
Khaimraj

All that survived was a root.

Small strange Crepe Myrtle,bloom thanks to Jim Lewis Crepe10

Last edited by Khaimraj Seepersad on Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : accidentally added an e on to the Jim)
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

Small strange Crepe Myrtle,bloom thanks to Jim Lewis Empty Re: Small strange Crepe Myrtle,bloom thanks to Jim Lewis

Post  Tom Simonyi Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:50 pm

Nice.....Thanks for sharing.
Tom Simonyi
Tom Simonyi

Back to top Go down

Small strange Crepe Myrtle,bloom thanks to Jim Lewis Empty Re: Small strange Crepe Myrtle,bloom thanks to Jim Lewis

Post  JimLewis Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:00 pm

You're welcome, I guess. <g>

I'm surprised you got these to bloom with so much tree in so little pot.
JimLewis
JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  AlainK Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:11 pm

Very nice, but I would cut the branch/trunk that goes upward, the other part has a much more dramatic movement to my taste.
AlainK
AlainK

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down