Small azalea raft

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Small azalea raft

Post  JimLewis on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:16 pm

Not a real question, but this one belongs in the Definitely-not-ready-for-prime-time department. This is a small (pot is 8 inches wide) azalea raft I'm developing from a ground layer taken in fall of 2011. The layer was created off of a park plant, and was chosen because of the tiny leaves. Can't recall the flower color (probably pink), but I remember the blooms were small too.

So, if there are any suggestions . . . .

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Re: Small azalea raft

Post  cbobgo on Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:00 am

the pot is really cool - do you know where it came from?

- bob

cbobgo

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:23 am

Me. It is one of three pinch pots I made at a club meeting a few years ago.

So thanks.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  yamasuri on Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:43 pm

I love the pot too Jim. Great creation. With plant I woul'd let grow/trim for few years and it will tell which way to go. Nice small leaf cultivar. [....I dont have any azalea yet..all my trees maximum hardy 5 and below...scared loosing over winter Sad ]

yamasuri

Back to top Go down

Post  John Lee on Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:41 pm

Not trying to be redundant, but that is a cool and unique pot, and it fits the loose form of the tree.

I agree that you should let it grow a little more and see what you have.

John

John Lee

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:05 pm

I agree that you should let it grow a little more and see what you have.

Yup. I said from the start that this was far from being ready.

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:50 pm

Here, just for the heckuvit are the other two pinch pots I made that day. Neither is as successful as the largest one with the azalea in it.

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  cbobgo on Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:51 am

the second of these 2 is actually quite nice.

I've made some pots in a pottery class as well over the last few months. I need to get some pics taken, though most of mine are just kind of "meh."

- bob

cbobgo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:19 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum