Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pemphis acidula on rock

Go down

Pemphis acidula on rock Empty Pemphis acidula on rock

Post  paper_boy Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:46 pm

Hi all.

Just bought myself a cascading pemphis acidula that is sitting on a huge coral rock (my first rock-grown tree), which was cemented onto a very shallow pot (1inch deep). It has just finish rainning here and upon closer inspection, i noticed that there weren't any drainage holes on the pot so there is a 1 inch deep puddle of water touching the rock.

I contacted the seller already and he said it's not a problem since he grew the specimen like that for 7 years without problems. So what do you think guys? Should i take his word for it or should i change the pot?

paper_boy

Back to top Go down

Pemphis acidula on rock Empty Re: Pemphis acidula on rock

Post  Guest Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:57 pm

just drill holes in the pot. and put plastic net over it to prevent soil from escaping the pot.

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  paper_boy Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:16 pm

Hi jun.

That would be difficult. The rock is taking half the area of the pot and the other half is directly below the tree. I only have a full sized driller here.

paper_boy

Back to top Go down

Post  paper_boy Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:49 pm

Hi jun.

I did what you said. Two holes near the edge. Did it while raining and got zapped when the driller got wet Very Happy

paper_boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down