Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to improve...handy tips.....

Go down

How to improve...handy tips..... Empty How to improve...handy tips.....

Post  Guest Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:59 pm

I want this shohinsiced, young little Acer ginala, to become a heavy bigger tree, with a good rootspread and nebari....This summer has it been in a big pot. More times have I this year, removed the surfacesoil, to take out, or shorten roots that became too strong. After I could see no more surprices was expected, did I leave it alone to grow free ( almost)
I keep my trees roots, who need to improve, under the soilsurface...never expose them to wind and sun...This has given a dense layer of featherroots all ower the mainroots.

How to improve...handy tips..... Img_0720

The potbound tree is out of the pot, and with a small scissor am I cutting the surface into shape...This way can I avoid root albowes, and a nebari laying too low in the pot. Here is the work almost done....

How to improve...handy tips..... Img_0722

It is not easy to see on the photo...but the root are dense with a very nice spread. Now the tree is back in the same pot again, with a nice layer of soil ower the roots again...untill I take a next step during the winter, witch also can include a little restyling.

kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

How to improve...handy tips..... Empty Re: How to improve...handy tips.....

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:24 pm

Just to say thank you for the information,Auntie.
Stay Well.
Khaimraj
Khaimraj Seepersad
Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down