How to improve...handy tips.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to improve...handy tips.....

Post  Guest on Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:59 pm

I want this shohinsiced, young little Acer ginala, to become a heavy bigger tree, with a good rootspread and nebari....This summer has it been in a big pot. More times have I this year, removed the surfacesoil, to take out, or shorten roots that became too strong. After I could see no more surprices was expected, did I leave it alone to grow free ( almost)
I keep my trees roots, who need to improve, under the soilsurface...never expose them to wind and sun...This has given a dense layer of featherroots all ower the mainroots.

The potbound tree is out of the pot, and with a small scissor am I cutting the surface into shape...This way can I avoid root albowes, and a nebari laying too low in the pot. Here is the work almost done....

It is not easy to see on the photo...but the root are dense with a very nice spread. Now the tree is back in the same pot again, with a nice layer of soil ower the roots again...untill I take a next step during the winter, witch also can include a little restyling.

kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Re: How to improve...handy tips.....

Post  Khaimraj Seepersad on Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:24 pm

Just to say thank you for the information,Auntie.
Stay Well.
Khaimraj

Khaimraj Seepersad

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum