Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pomegranate Question

2 posters

Go down

Pomegranate Question Empty Pomegranate Question

Post  bonsaisr Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:59 pm

I just bought a new dwarf pomegranate. They are coming for me tomorrow. bounce ('Toyosho' died. I think there was an issue with improper dormancy.)
This one was sold under the name 'Nishiki.' I checked and this is not a registered cultivar. The buds are dark brick red. Reportedly it has bright orange flowers and small peanut-shaped fruit. Anybody ever heard of it?
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Pomegranate Question Empty Re: Pomegranate Question

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:15 pm

bonsaisr wrote:I just bought a new dwarf pomegranate. They are coming for me tomorrow. bounce ('Toyosho' died. I think there was an issue with improper dormancy.)
This one was sold under the name 'Nishiki.' I checked and this is not a registered cultivar. The buds are dark brick red. Reportedly it has bright orange flowers and small peanut-shaped fruit. Anybody ever heard of it?
Iris

I think one of the members from The Phillipines or Taiwan posted a photo of such a Pom. The fruit really doesn't look anything like my idea of a Pom.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:21 pm

Take a look at

by jun
on Fri May 13, 2011 9:43 am

Search in: Bonsai Discussion
Topic: Pomegranate
Replies: 17
Views: 2645
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Pomegranate Question Empty Pomegranate Question

Post  bonsaisr Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:05 pm

I recall that discussion. I doubt if that was a pomegranate. The leaves are entirely different. 'Nishiki' has typical dwarf pomegranate foliage & habit.
Iris
bonsaisr
bonsaisr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down