Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Styling for a pine

2 posters

Go down

Styling for a pine Empty Styling for a pine

Post  Jake16 Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:14 pm

I found this pine growing at the side of my yard, I think it is either a virginia or scotch. It has a decent taper and not bad branching, formal upright. The problem is that most of the branch come from the same point as many pines do. I want a look that is not the left, right, back styling and medium age (crown a little pointed and branches not so wide.). I want the tree to look natural with out looking like a bad styling. Any advice along with picture examples would be great. (any conifer in this style works).
About this old
Styling for a pine Ponder10

Thanks

Jake
Jake16
Jake16

Back to top Go down

Styling for a pine Empty Re: Styling for a pine

Post  marcus watts Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:44 pm

hi.
any chance of a pic of the real tree - otherwise youy will get virts or pictures that will not fit your actual material.

thanks Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake16 Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:10 am

Yeah I can try to get a decent one tomorrow but really virts or other peoples tree that fit into this category is fine. I just wanted examples and also styling advice.
Jake16
Jake16

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake16 Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:39 am

Heres some
Styling for a pine Mail-610

Styling for a pine Mail-710

The tree is not as nice as i remembered, so it might stay in the ground for awhile now Smile
Jake16
Jake16

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:10 am

hi,
yes I would leave it and keep looking - there are so many pines that are not particularly suitable as bonsai material, and young seedlings that have grown spoked branches and very long gaps between them fit that group perfectly.

happy hunting,

marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake16 Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:56 pm

Thanks, I will just leave it alone. I am just trying to make a nice formal upright pine, not to old because that is whats around my area.
Jake16
Jake16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down