Styling for a pine

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Styling for a pine

Post  Jake16 on Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:14 pm

I found this pine growing at the side of my yard, I think it is either a virginia or scotch. It has a decent taper and not bad branching, formal upright. The problem is that most of the branch come from the same point as many pines do. I want a look that is not the left, right, back styling and medium age (crown a little pointed and branches not so wide.). I want the tree to look natural with out looking like a bad styling. Any advice along with picture examples would be great. (any conifer in this style works).
About this old

Thanks

Jake

Jake16

Back to top Go down

Re: Styling for a pine

Post  marcus watts on Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:44 pm

hi.
any chance of a pic of the real tree - otherwise youy will get virts or pictures that will not fit your actual material.

thanks Marcus

marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake16 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:10 am

Yeah I can try to get a decent one tomorrow but really virts or other peoples tree that fit into this category is fine. I just wanted examples and also styling advice.

Jake16

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake16 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:39 am

Heres some

The tree is not as nice as i remembered, so it might stay in the ground for awhile now Smile

Jake16

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:10 am

hi,
yes I would leave it and keep looking - there are so many pines that are not particularly suitable as bonsai material, and young seedlings that have grown spoked branches and very long gaps between them fit that group perfectly.

happy hunting,

marcus

marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake16 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:56 pm

Thanks, I will just leave it alone. I am just trying to make a nice formal upright pine, not to old because that is whats around my area.

Jake16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:40 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum