Hot . . . Hot . . . Hot!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hot . . . Hot . . . Hot!

Post  JimLewis on Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:12 pm

Dave Murphy wrote:
Jay Gaydosh wrote:They say you can fry an egg on the sidewalk if the pavement gets to 158*F. :shock:

I wonder how many eggs you can fry on a black leather motorcycle sitting on the same pavement ... :twisted:

I'm guessing two? :sunny: :sunny:

No. No. You're thinking buns!

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Storm on Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:16 pm

Ive just started my summer vacation, and its about 70F in the shade here.. I have problems sleeping when its that hot, and cant imagine living in 106!
We had 86F in the shade, and that makes me want to go below the ground...
50F for me is ideal outside.

Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:31 pm

Hmmm. At 50F I'm starting to think of a cheery fire in the fireplace.

At 2:30 p.m. it is 97 degrees F here. We'll probably go over 100 again today unless some storms pop up.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona on Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:32 pm

Right now I'd take anything from 50-106F IF ONLY IT'D STOP ******* RAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you supposed to be S.A.D. all year round? I have NEVER been this weather depressed before in my life.

my website

fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  leatherback on Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:04 pm

Feel sorry for you guys in USA. Weather seems to be frying hot. Here in Europe we have the opposite. Finally this week it has been dry for more than 24h for thre first time in weeks, and since 3 days we have been having temps over 20 celcius, for the first time since May.. (over 68f I suppose).

Climate change anyone?

leatherback

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick36 on Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:35 pm

Don't "they" always say that whatever weather happens in the States, happens on this side of the pond a bit later? Be careful what you wish for!!

Rick36

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:31 am

fiona wrote:Right now I'd take anything from 50-106F IF ONLY IT'D STOP ******* RAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you supposed to be S.A.D. all year round? I have NEVER been this weather depressed before in my life.

Fiona,

I would gladly send you are endless sun and crazy heat in exchange for your rain, it's been so dry here most of my neighborhoods grass is all but brown and dying, even the weeds are starting to give in to the heat. If this keeps up I am going to go outside and try doing a rain dance, anyone know the steps?

Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker on Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:15 am

leatherback wrote: Climate change anyone?

Oh, that's a political issue here in the USA.

Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  John Quinn on Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:47 am

90F (32C) at 10 pm...

John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post  leatherback on Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:54 am

Russell Coker wrote:Oh, that's a political issue here in the USA.

Hm.. Yeah, well.. I suppose the challenge of dealing with it is supposed to be. But you mean that whether or not there is a change in climate is a political issue?

By the way.. Here in Germany we were woken by showers again this morning. 30mm expected today with highs of 19C / 66F Neutral

leatherback

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:16 am

Crikey! Now I'm jealous of somewhere getting as high as 19C! Mad

Our lack of sunshine in Scotland is drawing some attention from medical and health experts these days (LINK HERE). Dunno how the Scots can be forced to take Vitamin D when a significant part of the population pays little heed to other healthy eating practices. Maybe the chip shops will be offering "Vinegar and Vitamin D on your chips, sir?"

For those of us inclined to a more healthy diet, I am noticing that our lack of sunshine this summer has set my tomato plants back a good three weeks with plenty flower but no sign of the first fruits yet. Raspberry and blueberry plants similarly behind.

Ah well. Anyone fancy a fish supper with chips and Vit D tablet?

my website

fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  leatherback on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:29 am

Lol,

This week has had some really nice days, I must admit. I actually managed to work on my suntan sunny with temps reaching mid-20ies yesterday. So no vit D problems here. But yeah.. The fruits on my tomatoe plants are a stunning 2 cm now (< 1 inch). So not much action here either. Normally I would be enjoying the first ripe fruits this time of year Neutral

Enjoy your chips'n'D

leatherback

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Coker on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:20 pm

leatherback wrote:

But you mean that whether or not there is a change in climate is a political issue?

Sadly, yes. I guess it's an automatic thing we do here. If one party says one thing and has the science to back it up the other will say the opposite - and somehow have the proof to back it too. And it's not just climate change, it's pretty much EVERYTHING. Oh, and somehow religion usually gets involved too.

Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Post  JimLewis on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:35 pm

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:35 pm

Russell Coker wrote:
leatherback wrote:

But you mean that whether or not there is a change in climate is a political issue?

Sadly, yes. I guess it's an automatic thing we do here. If one party says one thing and has the science to back it up the other will say the opposite - and somehow have the proof to back it too. And it's not just climate change, it's pretty much EVERYTHING. Oh, and somehow religion usually gets involved too.

And people wonder why I play in my garden rather than keep up with politics lol.

Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  coh on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:50 pm

Steven wrote:
And people wonder why I play in my garden rather than keep up with politics lol.

Right with you on that one!

coh

Back to top Go down

Post  wabashene on Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:54 pm

fiona wrote:Crikey! Now I'm jealous of somewhere getting as high as 19C! Mad

Raspberry and blueberry plants similarly behind.

I finally donned my waterproof golf gear and picked 2 rows of rasps on Saturday after a 4 day lapse. About 5lbs I'd say

The lot went big time mouldy overnight

Sad

Good thing I managed to freeze a few boxes last week.

timR

wabashene

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona on Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:03 pm

Mine have only started throwing out fruit in the past five days or so. Pretty peely wally looking ones too.

I hear fingers tapping out those words on google already. Wink

my website

fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:26 am

RAIN!!!!! Finally two whole hours of sweet wonderful RAIN!!!! Oh and while I never thought I would be excited about 85 degree weather, Im so glad it wasn't 103 again today! My tomatoes were starting to cook on the vine lol

Steven

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:33 pm

Steven wrote:RAIN!!!!! Finally two whole hours of sweet wonderful RAIN!!!! Oh and while I never thought I would be excited about 85 degree weather, Im so glad it wasn't 103 again today! My tomatoes were starting to cook on the vine lol
Same here...we got a lot of rain last night with some unexpected wind as well. One lighter potted plant actually fell from my shelving.

We are expecting more this week and with it, some milder weather (temperature). cheers

Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gaydosh on Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:02 pm

Saturday, out all day on the motorcycle, temps 104 to 106 (F) heat index upwards of 109. The 90 minute ride home after dark, at a chilly 98*F was simply mawvellous!

Sunday, we finally got rain, soft gentle rain ... about 45 minutes. The thunder and lightening lasted much longer.

Today, Tuesday heat finally broke. Rode to work this morning at 68*, but the chill was deffinitely worth it.

Next rain in forcast is 30% chance on Sunday. Grass is dying, lost a couple of smaller trees, everything gets water 2 to 3 times a day ... and surviving! Tropicals are loving it!

Jay

Jay Gaydosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:13 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum