My "fiance's" juniper

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My "fiance's" juniper

Post  Jake16 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:15 am

This is a juniper that my fiance picked up and I ended up styling and caring for it. Go figure Smile So I need to let the pads develop on the main three branches, the fourth might be chopped. Im also not sure if I want to develop a crown. Feel free to comment.

Thanks

Jake

Jake16

Back to top Go down

Re: My "fiance's" juniper

Post  JimLewis on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:42 pm

For some reason I can't copy the pic to my graphics program, BUT if this were mine I would remove all of the uppermost (longest) tail, leaving the shorter one below it, and would also remove the downward branches, perhaps leaving enough for a short jin. Id wire some movement into that short, very straight upper branch to start the crown.

Jim Lewis - lewisjk@windstream.net - Western NC - People, when Columbus discovered this country, it was plumb full of nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just about all gone. Uncle Dave Macon, old-time country musician

JimLewis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake16 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:33 pm

Sounds like a good idea I cant visualize it completely, so if I could post the pic a dif way so you can do a virtual just tell me how. Thanks for the advice Smile

Jake16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:23 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum