Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pyracantha - Help me get it in cascade

4 posters

Go down

Pyracantha - Help me get it in cascade Empty Pyracantha - Help me get it in cascade

Post  akhater Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:43 pm

i have this pyracantha I got a bit over 2 months ago and I would like to make it a small cascade.

I really have no idea how to move from here so I am calling for help

The day I bought it
Pyracantha - Help me get it in cascade 2012-04-12_181600

after initial haircut (April 13th 2012)

Pyracantha - Help me get it in cascade 2012-04-13_172517
Pyracantha - Help me get it in cascade 2012-04-13_172500

one month after (May 25th 2012)
Pyracantha - Help me get it in cascade 2012-05-25_114109

Today (June 20th 2012)
Pyracantha - Help me get it in cascade 2012-06-20_131906
Pyracantha - Help me get it in cascade 2012-06-20_131915

Pyracantha - Help me get it in cascade 2012-06-20_131931
Pyracantha - Help me get it in cascade 2012-06-20_131938

akhater

Back to top Go down

Pyracantha - Help me get it in cascade Empty Re: Pyracantha - Help me get it in cascade

Post  Russell Coker Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:02 pm

Why are you allowing those suckers to grow off the trunk? They are making that area that's too fat already even fatter.
Russell Coker
Russell Coker

Back to top Go down

Pyracantha - Help me get it in cascade Empty Re: Pyracantha - Help me get it in cascade

Post  akhater Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:06 pm

which ones ? the ones coming out the flat cut ? i was thinking it will be the top of the cascade Embarassed

akhater

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:59 pm

Hi Akhater

This is a really healthy plant you have here..I have a Phyracanta, and it grows slooow.....maybe I should send it to you on vercation Smile.
I am sure other people on IBC can give you good advise for your cascade....for now would I keep the long suckers, they are maybe usefull as you say.
What I would do now.... The plant look potbound, I would repot it in a larger container in the angle you wish for, without touching the roots, this will give you a better picture of the future design. Post a photo, and maybe someone will make you a virtual.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  akhater Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:16 pm

Thanks Yvonne
it is in fact root bound but since it's soil is so bad I thought it was better to wait till fall and give it a proper reporting.

If it is not a good subject for cascade I am open for all suggestions. I have never done a tree before so cascade might not fit at all. I am mainly hoping for help along the path.

All I know is that I don't want to wait for a thicker trunk but do something with it as it is

akhater

Back to top Go down

Post  Marty Weiser Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:22 pm

You can encourage the cascade branch by tilting the pot so that it is pointing up. That will also slow down the suckers since they will be pointing sideways. Since it is rootbound this will be easy - set it upright to water and then put it on its side.

Marty Weiser

Back to top Go down

Post  bumblebee Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:21 pm

Question. In the close up, this pyracantha looks like its leaves are whitening. I have 2 plants with this really fine white "splotchiness" in the leaves and can't find any information about it online. Both are citrus trees. Can anybody here explain what this is and what to do about it?

Libby

bumblebee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down