Olive from Portugal!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Olive from Portugal!

Post  Bruno António on Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:51 am

Hello everyone!

I present the first project here! Smile
This beautiful olea came to my hands through an exchange of "services" with Kensho Bonsai Studio ( www.kenshobonsaistudio.wordpress.com ). The tree has only one vein alive, much dead wood and is in strong development after transplantation carried out in March. This year will be in free growth to strengthen the plant.
Below I show some options for their future (the last image is a virtual from Viriato Oliveira) ... maybe in 4 or 5 years to reach a similar result ...

I would appreciate more opinions about this material?
Thank you!
Wink









Last edited by Bruno António on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

Bruno António
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Olive from Portugal!

Post  my nellie on Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:22 am

I am sure that you will receive remarkable suggestions from other experienced members on IBC as well as virtuals, because this is a beautiful aged trunk you have there!
However, may I suggest only one thing, please do not deform this excellent natural deadwood by using lime sulphur...

my nellie
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Olive from Portugal!

Post  jrodriguez on Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:34 pm

Bruno Antonio,

You have an excellent piece of material. If I may ask, can you please take a picture of the soil medium. It seems a bit too organic for olive. If it is, it is ok for now, but i suggest you change it in the future for a coarser fast draining mix (almost inorganic).

There are several ways to develop this tree, but i'd suggest you take into consideration the inherent character of the material and try to create something other than a tree in the 'traditional pine form'.

Warm regards,

Jose Luis

jrodriguez
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Olive from Portugal!

Post  Bruno António on Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:47 pm

My Nellie and Jose Luis,
Thanks for the comments. Wink

Jose, the tree is planted in a very draining soil, with 0% organic! What you see in the photos is a abundant organic fertilizer which the plant is being submitted, so that it can develop well this year.

Wink

Bruno António
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Olive from Portugal!

Post  jrodriguez on Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:59 pm

Bruno António wrote:My Nellie and Jose Luis,
Thanks for the comments. Wink

Jose, the tree is planted in a very draining soil, with 0% organic! What you see in the photos is a abundant organic fertilizer which the plant is being submitted, so that it can develop well this year.

Wink

Well, in that case, GREAT!!!

Below, a crude rendition of my idea for this type of material (please excuse the poor drawing):



I think that it emulates the character of the coastal olives. The prior virtuals are not adequate (in my opinion) for this type of tree.

Regards,

Jose Luis

jrodriguez
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Olive from Portugal!

Post  Bruno António on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:01 pm

Hello Jose,

Thanks for the drawing! I'm industrial designer and I think that is not too bad! Wink
Your vision for the future of this plant is quite different, and even a little "bizarre" ... away from the known standards "Japanese"!
Right now everything is open over the course of action in this tree. I am a person with very little experience in bonsai, just try to give the best way for this good material...

Regards Wink

Bruno António
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Olive from Portugal!

Post  jrodriguez on Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:06 pm

Bruno António wrote:Hello Jose,

Thanks for the drawing! I'm industrial designer and I think that is not too bad! Wink
Your vision for the future of this plant is quite different, and even a little "bizarre" ... away from the known standards "Japanese"!
Right now everything is open over the course of action in this tree. I am a person with very little experience in bonsai, just try to give the best way for this good material...

Regards Wink

Bruno Antonio,

Thanks for the kind words. I made the drawing quickly, just to illustrate my point. Although I respect the Japanese way of bonsai, I usually don't follow it's path. I believe it to be quite strict in terms of leaving room for creativity. Nonetheless and like i expressed earlier, I do respect Japanese bonsai.

Kind regards,

Jose Luis

jrodriguez
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Olive from Portugal!

Post  Nunovsky_PT on Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:45 pm

jrodriguez wrote:

Below, a crude rendition of my idea for this type of material (please excuse the poor drawing):



I think that it emulates the character of the coastal olives. The prior virtuals are not adequate (in my opinion) for this type of tree.

Regards,

Jose Luis

I love this virtual. I think it adds age to the tree and that it complements very well the fantastic dead wood. Maybe it can be edited and developed further more, but as a primary idea it's very good. And it will create a very different olive tree from the ones that we see out there, increasing its potential aesthetic value.

Um abraço, Bruno! Wink


Nunovsky_PT
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Olive from Portugal!

Post  Bruno António on Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:09 pm

Hi! Smile

It really is true, at first glance the choice of Jose looks very "strange", but I think he has some reason in what he says, because an olive tree in the coastal zone, exposed to the elements for hundreds of years could stay with the branches as it represents in the drawing.
It would be a different approach, which could put this olea a different level from that normally seen around... The important thing is that at the end of their design be credible, although it may escape the usual "canons"!

I look forward to more opinions, thanks to all! Wink

Abç Nuno Wink

Bruno António
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Olive from Portugal!

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:06 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum