Stickers on Pots and Stands

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stickers on Pots and Stands

Post  Billy M. Rhodes on Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:26 am

I was looking at Jun's photos of the show in Malaysia and noticed the little green stickers on the pots and stands. I have also seen this in other shows. BUT, it someone put a visible green sticker on my pot and/or stand I would be very upset.
Am I wrong? What is the purpose of the stickers?

Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Re: Stickers on Pots and Stands

Post  marcus watts on Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:17 pm

I totally agrree Jim,
it even looks like some pots had sticky marks where other stickers had been peeled off. I can understand that the trees need identifying but a numbered tag, or just the display space numbered would be better. The show seemed to use different rules of display though - it appears to be the tree, pot & stand rather than a complete display with accents, bronzes, scrolls etc to accompany and enhance the bonsai tree in a seasonal display (it could be due to the lack of seasons maybe?). The shows probably run to a different criteria though. Someone will let us know and give a few more details of malasian bonsai display methods i hope

regards Marcus

marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes on Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:03 pm

As far as display is concerned I don't think everyone has read Willi Benz's book, and sometimes displays don't follow any rules, just show the tree.

Last edited by Billy M. Rhodes on Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct name)

Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  JMcCoy on Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:26 pm

by Billy M. Rhodes on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:03 pm

As far as display is concerned I don't think everyone has read Walter Pall's book, and sometimes displays don't follow any rules, just show the tree.

I think you may mean Willi Benz book: Bonsai Kusamono Suiseki, one of the most comprehensive books written on the art of Display.

JMcCoy

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts on Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:01 pm

Billy M. Rhodes wrote:As far as display is concerned I don't think everyone has read Willi Benz's book, and sometimes displays don't follow any rules, just show the tree.

sometimes a tree that is bland or shows no seasonal variation needs a little something extra - a very good display tells a story, or conjours a picture in the minds eye - this sets the composition to a new level and can give greater appretiation.........sometimes just a tree on a table is enough, especially if the tree is awesome, but it makes a large show both plain and overcrowded.

Marcus

marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:56 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum