Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phenomenal Back Budiing on Pinus Sylvestris

2 posters

Go down

Phenomenal Back Budiing on Pinus Sylvestris Empty Phenomenal Back Budiing on Pinus Sylvestris

Post  wabashene Sat May 26, 2012 10:14 am

Purchased this little Scots Pine at JoB 2 years back for £20 and it IS little - about 20cm.

It was weak and I lost a couple of branches early on so double potted it end of last year and have fertilised heavily.

Growth was retricted to a few extended shoots with large needles at the end of whippy branches circled in yellow.

About September last year I cut 3/4 of the way back into the extented shoots which is technique I have used before on a large Sylvestris I traded off.(see below)

Phenomenal Back Budiing on Pinus Sylvestris Sylv_h10

This year it has responded with masses of new shoots almost everywhere - inc way back on old wood - so hopefully in a few more years I may have something to work with.

I believe this is an nestablished technique for P. Sylvestris and may prove of interest to others.

Thks

TimR

Phenomenal Back Budiing on Pinus Sylvestris Pin_sy10

wabashene
wabashene

Back to top Go down

Phenomenal Back Budiing on Pinus Sylvestris Empty Re: Phenomenal Back Budiing on Pinus Sylvestris

Post  my nellie Sat May 26, 2012 11:55 am

Thank you for sharing your experience!
This is the spirit of bonsai!
my nellie
my nellie

Back to top Go down