Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MY OLD HAWTHORN IN FULL BLOOM.

+10
Jay Wilson
misfit1
coh
Zach Smith
Loke Emil
cosmos
Liserd
Andrei Darusenkov
David Noya
Hans van Meer.
14 posters

Go down

MY OLD HAWTHORN IN FULL BLOOM. Empty MY OLD HAWTHORN IN FULL BLOOM.

Post  Hans van Meer. Sat May 26, 2012 9:15 am

Hi everybody,
I would like to share with you all some pictures of my old Hawthorn in full bloom. The abundance of this years flowers game as a big pleasant surprise to me! It had not bloomed like this for many years, so the heavier feeding regime that I started last year has worked like a charm! This healthy and happy image looks so much different from the bare leafless image that it had at this years Noelanders! This changing of images trough the seasons, is the extra beauty of deciduous Bonsai!

MY OLD HAWTHORN IN FULL BLOOM. 11-5-213

MY OLD HAWTHORN IN FULL BLOOM. 11-5-214

I hope you enjoyed the images?!

Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

MY OLD HAWTHORN IN FULL BLOOM. Empty Re: MY OLD HAWTHORN IN FULL BLOOM.

Post  David Noya Sat May 26, 2012 9:25 am

What a magnificent little tree!! I love the tree-pot combination which gives synergy to the composition (1+1=3). In contrast with the gnarly bark and pot with rough structure there are those lovelyy little white flowers, a perfect combination!!!

Your macro-photography skills are also +1.
:-)
Gr from the beautiful weather Netherlands :-)
David Noya
David Noya

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrei Darusenkov Sat May 26, 2012 9:29 am

Hans, super! excellent tree! And blooming makes it really special. Many thanks, Andrei

Andrei Darusenkov

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 26, 2012 11:32 am

Lovely Smile...thanks for sharing.

Kind regards Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Liserd Sat May 26, 2012 11:54 am

Beautifull tree and photos...

Liserd

Back to top Go down

Post  cosmos Sat May 26, 2012 1:51 pm

Hi Hans
In its deciduous state the tree had quite a charming visual impact, conveying the 'sad' state of winter. Seeing it now in full bloom shows the tree's vigour as if it has awakened from its winter slumber. Thanks for sharing.

Cosmos
cosmos
cosmos

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 27, 2012 2:47 am

So lovely Hans!
I love the contrast

regards,
jun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loke Emil Sun May 27, 2012 10:04 am

Hello Hans

...I hope to se this one and all the other trees live one day... I think that would be a real treat for my inspiration ;-)

regards
/Loke Emil
Loke Emil
Loke Emil

Back to top Go down

Post  Zach Smith Sun May 27, 2012 1:19 pm

Terrific tree, Hans! And the pot complements it perfectly.

Zach

Zach Smith

Back to top Go down

Post  coh Sun May 27, 2012 3:12 pm

Gorgeous tree! The hoverfly is nice also...
coh
coh

Back to top Go down

Post  misfit1 Sun May 27, 2012 4:31 pm

Awesome tree and flowers, Hans! What a treasure.

Cory
misfit1
misfit1

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Wilson Sun May 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Wow! what a great tree. Wish we had hawthorns in florida.
Jay Wilson
Jay Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post  Poink88 Sun May 27, 2012 5:24 pm

I also wish we have that in TX.

What a great specimen, I love it. Congrats!
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

MY OLD HAWTHORN IN FULL BLOOM. Empty my old hawthorn in full bloom

Post  moyogijohn Sun May 27, 2012 5:31 pm

HANS ,, That is a very very nice tree !!! it is one you have to be very very proud of...take care john

moyogijohn

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Sun May 27, 2012 5:48 pm

Hi everybody,
I am glad you all enjoyed the Spring image of my little Hawthorn! It was a pure delight for me, to be able to sit in front of it, with a coffee in one hand and a Cognac in the other! Thinking about how this little tree got to this point in time, while enjoying it intoxicated perfume! It is more than 12 year in the making and it gets better with every year that passes! These little private moments with the trees that I work with, are what makes this Art Form so unique and special to me! For those who want to read the story of this tree, right from the moment when I collected it in Wales with Tony in early 1999: HERE!!!
I am preparing my Literati Hawthorn for next weekends, 6Th edition of the "Bonsai van het Westen" (Bonsai of the West) show, that is staged on the 2 and 3 of June, in the botanical gardens in Delft (The Netherlands)! HERE!!! I was invited to judge the trees on display and to show one of my trees (out of competition). And because my Literati Hawthorn was shown for the last time at the prestigious "Ginkgo Awards", way back in 2005! I thought it was about time to show it again! Tomorrow I will make some picture with different displays options that I am thinking of (mostly in the shower! Very Happy ). I will post some off those shots later, so you all can see, how I work! Well.... work, might not be the right word to describe what I do?! Play might be a better one! Very Happy
Thanks again for your replies and enjoy your weekend!
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.

Last edited by Hans van Meer. on Sun May 27, 2012 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo!)
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  kauaibonsai Sun May 27, 2012 5:56 pm

so beautiful hans.

best wishes, sam

kauaibonsai

Back to top Go down

Post  Tona Sun May 27, 2012 6:22 pm

Very beautiful in bloom Hans!!
Tona
Tona
Tona

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 27, 2012 9:07 pm

OH YEH looking great Hans... Burrs is coming up fast!

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Tue May 29, 2012 2:54 pm

Thank you guy's! I am glad you like my little Hawthorn!

tony wrote:OH YEH looking great Hans... Burrs is coming up fast!

Hi Tony! Yes time realy those flies! But first Summer, beach and party's and than I am pumped up for Burrs again! Smile
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

MY OLD HAWTHORN IN FULL BLOOM. Empty Final display of my Literati Hawthorn.

Post  Hans van Meer. Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:20 pm

Hans van Meer. wrote:Hi everybody,
I am glad you all enjoyed the Spring image of my little Hawthorn! It was a pure delight for me, to be able to sit in front of it, with a coffee in one hand and a Cognac in the other! Thinking about how this little tree got to this point in time, while enjoying it intoxicated perfume! It is more than 12 year in the making and it gets better with every year that passes! These little private moments with the trees that I work with, are what makes this Art Form so unique and special to me! For those who want to read the story of this tree, right from the moment when I collected it in Wales with Tony in early 1999: HERE!!!
I am preparing my Literati Hawthorn for next weekends, 6Th edition of the "Bonsai van het Westen" (Bonsai of the West) show, that is staged on the 2 and 3 of June, in the botanical gardens in Delft (The Netherlands)! HERE!!! I was invited to judge the trees on display and to show one of my trees (out of competition). And because my Literati Hawthorn was shown for the last time at the prestigious "Ginkgo Awards", way back in 2005! I thought it was about time to show it again! Tomorrow I will make some picture with different displays options that I am thinking of (mostly in the shower! Very Happy ). I will post some off those shots later, so you all can see, how I work! Well.... work, might not be the right word to describe what I do?! Play might be a better one! Very Happy
Thanks again for your replies and enjoy your weekend!
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.

Hi everybody,
I.O.U all some pictures that I made during the tryout of different display possibilities for my Literati Hawthorn There was only 1 meter space available for my display at the show! So I made the display in my try out accordingly to that. As you will see in the next pictures, most of the display options that I had in mind, needed more space! Or the accents looked to big or wide!

Below: This old wooden plant-tray is sculpted out off one piece of wood by a Japanese artist/craftsman. We imported it from Japan some years ago to go underneed this amazing pot by Brian Allbright. It was a bit of a gamble, but it works perfectly! We think that is!

MY OLD HAWTHORN IN FULL BLOOM. 30-5-210

Below: The wooden plate is there to lift my display off the ground, in this case planks! With out it, they would disappear in to the ground! It is the wrong color, it should be blue! But it is about the same size as the space available at the show and in this case, that is more importand! The accent is a small fern like ground conferrer that I found in our local dune forest. I planted it some 8 years ago on this piece of driftwood. It lives there with out much ground, but it is perfectly happy! I like this option, but it should be wider apart. Now it over powers the slender tree to much! And preferably with one of the perfect little scrolls that I have for it! But that option is in most of the bigger shows in Europe no longer allowed! This is very sad, but understandable. Many of perfectly styled tree was overpowered by a to large, wildly colored and badly made scroll. And the organizer were just fed up to have to ask the artist to remove the scroll. Although this was mostly don, to more or less protect the artist, many of them got (understandingly) realy upset! So they banned it completely! Sad, because I realy loved to try and find a matching Scroll, Shikishi or Tanzaku painting for the display!

MY OLD HAWTHORN IN FULL BLOOM. 30-5-211

Below: This accent is a plant that is found in the North of Spain some 12 years ago. It has tine little purple flowers and it grows in/on a hill, made out of mosses. And every year a next layer is added and it gets a little higher! It stands on a stone slab from Japan to lift it of the floor and for some contrast. I like it, but again, because of the wildness of the growth, it occupies/claims to much space and there fore over powers the tree. Would there have been more space to work with, well than I would have tried hard to make this work. I like this accent.

MY OLD HAWTHORN IN FULL BLOOM. 30-5-212

Below: This one was my favorite. This multi layered rock was found close to were this Hawthorn was collected all those years ago. And that same year I planted this Alpine plant, that I had found in Austria, on it. But again the same story, to big for this space! But the next time I will use it when I can!

MY OLD HAWTHORN IN FULL BLOOM. 30-5-213

Below: Close up of that beautiful stone.

MY OLD HAWTHORN IN FULL BLOOM. 30-5-214

Below: And this is how it finaly looked like, with out any wire, at the "Bonsai van het Westen" show in Delft (Holland). Accent: Japanese rock slab with a alpine plant growing in a globe like pot by mate Ron de Roo (NL). Even though it turned out to be even less space than expected, I still think that it looked all right and the Hawthorn got a lot of attentions from the crowd that visited this unique and very friendly Bonsai event, that is run purely by very enthusiastic Bonsai lovers! Bravo!

MY OLD HAWTHORN IN FULL BLOOM. 3-6-2010

My excuses for the poor quality of the pictures. But circumstances were poor! I hope you enjoyed them never the less?!
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.

ONLY 6 MORE DAYS!!!!! MY OLD HAWTHORN IN FULL BLOOM. Nether10
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down