Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pine seeded under my pine!

2 posters

Go down

pine seeded under my pine! Empty pine seeded under my pine!

Post  marcus watts Fri May 25, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi,
I was just turning the trees this afternoon and spotted this little fella poking up between the roots. Its a (unknown species atm) pine seedling in between the roots of one of my white pines.

pine seeded under my pine! 00118

The tree is a p. parviflora top grafted on JBP roots, I've had it 4 years now, repottted this spring from a japanese clay training pot, it flowers like mad but i dont let cones develop. i'm guessing the seed has been sat dormant since the grow beds in Japan as it was a tree selected, QT'd and imported by Lee verhorevoort, then him to me. Cant wait to see how many needles. Very Happy

cheers Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

pine seeded under my pine! Empty Re: pine seeded under my pine!

Post  Poink88 Fri May 25, 2012 7:57 pm

Cute!

I have a few stow away seeds with my Puerto Rico purchased plants as well that sprouted and I am wondering what they are. One part of me wants to remove them...the other is curious if they will make good bonsai. The bonsai curious side is winning. LOL Razz
Poink88
Poink88

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Wed May 30, 2012 10:12 pm

Poink88 wrote:Cute!

I have a few stow away seeds with my Puerto Rico purchased plants as well that sprouted and I am wondering what they are. One part of me wants to remove them...the other is curious if they will make good bonsai. The bonsai curious side is winning. LOL Razz

me too Dario - i would love to get a white pine seedling - or a black, free trees are great. Very Happy

marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down