Olive Soil

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Olive Soil

Post  savvas on Thu May 24, 2012 7:18 pm

Definetely......No doubt.....If you look at some of the guys that do serious yamadoring,when they bring the trees home they keep them on a hot bed,and that helps the development of new rooting much faster....Also when Graham was in Cyprus and he saw the newly collected trees he said that we shouldnt keep them in the shade,"if you feel cold,trees feel cold and dont respond well"....

savvas

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakaki on Thu May 24, 2012 7:18 pm

stavros wrote:Dear Taner,

I do not understand why you are asking me this specific question and i am do not like the tone you are using. Let us not get into politics please as this is a bonsai forum. Cyprus is a democratic country, member of the EU and we have laws for this and we respect nature.

Please do not make assumptions.
We dig trees with permission, especially from lands of people we know of.
I have been long enough here and i was never told off about anything that i have posted, since today. Isn't it funny??? I would let the administrator and the moderators do this job in case there is something foul.

Now, let's stick to the subject and give some ideas to our friend according to our experience and knowledge and leave politics and preaching outside the forum.
Thank you.

??? Question

I really have difficulty to understand how you did come to this conclusion? So strange!
There are millions of olive trees around me, but I cannot dig up just one of them! & I am complaining about this only, nothing more! Neither I am questioning why you dig or something else!
I've asked same question to an Italian in another European forum to learn if it is free or easy to dig up olive trees in Italy (to understand if it is prohibited only in my country among all other mediterranean countries), and he simply replied me.
Sorry, I'm trying but still cannot understand your aggressive way. I'm sorry if you feel like that but there is no politic or preaching word/tone in my message!?
I think you're prejudging a bit...

Sakaki

Back to top Go down

Post  stavros on Thu May 24, 2012 7:29 pm

Sakaki wrote:
stavros wrote:Dear Taner,

I do not understand why you are asking me this specific question and i am do not like the tone you are using. Let us not get into politics please as this is a bonsai forum. Cyprus is a democratic country, member of the EU and we have laws for this and we respect nature.

Please do not make assumptions.
We dig trees with permission, especially from lands of people we know of.
I have been long enough here and i was never told off about anything that i have posted, since today. Isn't it funny??? I would let the administrator and the moderators do this job in case there is something foul.

Now, let's stick to the subject and give some ideas to our friend according to our experience and knowledge and leave politics and preaching outside the forum.
Thank you.

??? Question

I really have difficulty to understand how you did come to this conclusion? So strange!
There are millions of olive trees around me, but I cannot dig up just one of them! & I am complaining about this only, nothing more! Neither I am questioning why you dig or something else!
I've asked same question to an Italian in another European forum to learn if it is free or easy to dig up olive trees in Italy (to understand if it is prohibited only in my country among all other mediterranean countries), and he simply replied me.
Sorry, I'm trying but still cannot understand your aggressive way. I'm sorry if you feel like that but there is no politic or preaching word/tone in my message!?
I think you're prejudging a bit...

You could simply ask if it's prohibited in my country. That would make your question more understandable.
I am sorry if i sounded to aggressive, but your post was not clearly indicating what you wanted to ask.

stavros

Back to top Go down

Post  savvas on Thu May 24, 2012 7:29 pm

Sakaki,let me try to clear things a little bit here...We dont go around diging up olive trees that do fruits(olives)surely not.Off course thats not allowed.Most of the trees we collected are after we got permission from either friends or relatives,and if we decide to dig out its trees that are in very harshy ground that are kept low from bad weather and soil conditions and also from sheep or goats....Now if to be honest i dig up 2-3 trees without permision yes,but everybody does,and dont tell me no....i am sure that if you travel in that vast country of yours you can dig up and nobody will see you(off course you take the risk always)...But please lets be honest every body does........even if nobody admits it.

savvas

Back to top Go down

Post  stavros on Thu May 24, 2012 7:30 pm

akhater wrote:not intending to hijack the thread but I need an advise

I have collected a wild olive 1.5 month ago and it is a a free draining purely organic mix. it is still alive but no leaves whatsoever.

I have been advised to put it in partial shade and to water it everyday until it starts pushing new leaves. I have noticed that some branches are turning a bit dark could it be too much water? any advise would be highly appreciated

i would change to inorganic mix asap and use some fungicide

stavros

Back to top Go down

Post  akhater on Thu May 24, 2012 7:31 pm

savvas wrote:Definetely......No doubt.....If you look at some of the guys that do serious yamadoring,when they bring the trees home they keep them on a hot bed,and that helps the development of new rooting much faster....Also when Graham was in Cyprus and he saw the newly collected trees he said that we shouldnt keep them in the shade,"if you feel cold,trees feel cold and dont respond well"....

Thank you for this, will move it to more sun in the morning and keep waiting

akhater

Back to top Go down

Post  akhater on Thu May 24, 2012 7:32 pm

stavros wrote:
akhater wrote:not intending to hijack the thread but I need an advise

I have collected a wild olive 1.5 month ago and it is a a free draining purely organic mix. it is still alive but no leaves whatsoever.

I have been advised to put it in partial shade and to water it everyday until it starts pushing new leaves. I have noticed that some branches are turning a bit dark could it be too much water? any advise would be highly appreciated

i would change to inorganic mix asap and use some fungicide

I am sorry my bad, it is a typo, it is 100% INorganic mix that is free draining and I added some charcoal as fungicide

akhater

Back to top Go down

Post  savvas on Thu May 24, 2012 7:34 pm

If its inorganic then slow down watering and be patient....

savvas

Back to top Go down

Post  akhater on Thu May 24, 2012 7:37 pm

savvas wrote:If its inorganic then slow down watering and be patient....

will do thanks and sorry for the OP for this parenthesis

akhater

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:06 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum