Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A better T bag

3 posters

Go down

A better T bag Empty A better T bag

Post  marcus watts Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm

Hi,

Like several growers I was playing about with fillable Tea Bags to contain my various fertiliser concoctions but was finding a few drawbacks from the actual limitations of the bag, so we looked to find a way of improving the method and came up with these....Bonsai Bags Very Happy
The story is written up here.... ]Fertilising made easy on the blog, but here are a few pictures of the bags in action.

A better T bag 00223A better T bag 00419
A better T bag 00915A better T bag 01016

things have been going really well, and they are not getting pinched by creatures either - partly the colour helps them blend in, and the loops are strong enough if they need to be tied on.

cheers Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

A better T bag Empty Re: A better T bag

Post  sunip Fri May 18, 2012 5:55 pm

Hello Marcus.
I red about somebody using nylon woman stockings for this.
Sunip Wink

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Fri May 18, 2012 7:21 pm

sunip wrote:Hello Marcus.
Sunip Wink

that must be the guys from the phillipeans - their trees are huge Very Happy - do you think they use both legs? - Jun is into high heels too - there is a pattern forming here cheers

the stocking mesh would be a good size but these are proper machined bags with drawstring cords so a bit neater and user friendly, plus they are easy to shake out the spent feed and refill to use again.

Cheers

Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  sunip Fri May 18, 2012 8:28 pm

[quote="marcus watts"]
that must be the guys from the phillipeans - their trees are huge Very Happy - do you think they use both legs? - Jun is into high heels too - there is a pattern forming here cheers
Hello Marcus,
Wow, you think Jun as well??
Where would a complete stocking full of feeder mix bring those tropical trees in a few months i ask myself?

Anyway this guy is from the Netherlands.
He cuts the stockings into pieces, fills them with his own mixed feeder for a particular tree and ties it together.
You got flat cakes on the surface which are easy to remove wen necessary.
The stocking mesh is indeed good for a lot of things and cheap.
Sunip Wink

sunip

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Fri May 18, 2012 10:22 pm

hi,

i used to use the cakes, and for a year made my own, but I now feel they are much too slow to start releasing feed - I think it takes quite a few weeks for the cakes to start bacterially breaking down as they are remaining as a hard solid lump due to the water is not penetrating them properly. This is wasted time when the fertiliser should be feeding the tree.

I now like using a bag as it lets you put any fertiliser or combination of fertilisers, trace elements and additives together - it lets me feed specific combinations to individual trees... if i want to acidify the soil a little the bag contents can be tailored to suit. If a leafy tree needs a little more nitrogen in with the normal feed it is easy to do, a flowering tree can be fed to suit etc. It is just a good way to be in more control of what you feed.

cheers Marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 19, 2012 12:57 am

marcus watts wrote:
sunip wrote:Hello Marcus.
Sunip Wink

Cheers

Marcus

....Equal rights Marcus. Always fight for equal rights. queen queen ...I mean for the rights to use different techniques in bonsai. king

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Sat May 19, 2012 7:50 am

too true Jun - its the only way to move forward and not be 'stuck in a rut' Very Happy Idea
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Fore Sat May 19, 2012 2:07 pm

Nice work Marcus doing your due diligence on finding a reusable bag that doesn't disintegrate as well.
Fore
Fore

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum