Adenium/Desert rose (^_^)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Adenium/Desert rose (^_^)

Post  3man0n on Wed May 16, 2012 3:39 pm








Adenium Bonsai


Last edited by 3man0n on Thu May 17, 2012 12:11 pm; edited 4 times in total

3man0n
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Adenium/Desert rose (^_^)

Post  Billy M. Rhodes on Wed May 16, 2012 5:24 pm

I don't see a photo.

Billy M. Rhodes
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Adenium/Desert rose (^_^)

Post  Billy M. Rhodes on Wed May 16, 2012 5:25 pm

Now I see a photo, we call this a Desert Rose, it is Adenium. It is not frangipani

Billy M. Rhodes
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Adenium/Desert rose (^_^)

Post  memet on Wed May 16, 2012 6:33 pm

I think the body of the obesum grafted arabicum variety, adenium.

memet
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Adenium/Desert rose (^_^)

Post  Billy M. Rhodes on Wed May 16, 2012 10:21 pm

There is an Adenium list and many varieties. Thailand has developed a lot of hybrids.

Billy M. Rhodes
Member


Back to top Go down

frangipani/adenium

Post  3man0n on Thu May 17, 2012 1:07 am

Yes it's adenium but in the Philippines it's fundly called dwarf calachuchi, a frangipani variety.

3man0n
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Adenium/Desert rose (^_^)

Post  memet on Thu May 17, 2012 5:32 am

Billy M. Rhodes wrote:There is an Adenium list and many varieties. Thailand has developed a lot of hybrids.


ı know this, because, ı have five hundreds of them, many varieties.

memet
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Adenium/Desert rose (^_^)

Post  Andre Beaurain on Thu May 17, 2012 7:08 am

memet wrote:I think the body of the obesum grafted arabicum variety, adenium.

Definately a full and far Hybrid.
As Bill said it is NOT a Frangipani, but they are Family together with Pachypodiums!!

Andre Beaurain
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Adenium/Desert rose (^_^)

Post  3man0n on Thu May 17, 2012 12:13 pm

Very Happy Modified!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

3man0n
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Adenium/Desert rose (^_^)

Post  memet on Thu May 17, 2012 3:59 pm

3man0n wrote:Yes it's adenium but in the Philippines it's fundly called dwarf calachuchi, a frangipani variety.

sometime we are giving different name to the flowers.
Acacia Cyanophylla, we are saying Cyprus acacia of them. It's an Australian tree.

And you have very nice adenium/ dwarf calachuchi

memet
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Adenium/Desert rose (^_^)

Post  3man0n on Fri May 18, 2012 6:58 am

Adenium

Scientific classification
Kingdom: Plantae
(unranked): Angiosperms
(unranked): Eudicots
(unranked): Asterids
Order: Gentianales
Family: Apocynaceae
Subfamily: Apocynoideae
Tribe: Wrightieae
Genus: Adenium

3man0n
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Adenium/Desert rose (^_^)

Post  memet on Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:28 pm

Adenium in Ege university botanical garden.


15 years old.



memet
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Adenium/Desert rose (^_^)

Post  memet on Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:29 pm

And my adenium that's younger.


memet
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Adenium/Desert rose (^_^)

Post  memet on Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:33 pm

Today, ı gave 6 arabicum variety to the university.
We have collaboration with university.

memet
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Adenium/Desert rose (^_^)

Post  Billy M. Rhodes on Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:43 pm

Andre Beaurain wrote:
memet wrote:I think the body of the obesum grafted arabicum variety, adenium.

Definately a full and far Hybrid.
As Bill said it is NOT a Frangipani, but they are Family together with Pachypodiums!!

Pachypodium means FAT FOOT and describes how the plant looks, not really a "family" in the biological sense.

Billy M. Rhodes
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Adenium/Desert rose (^_^)

Post  Andre Beaurain on Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:51 am

Billy M. Rhodes wrote:

Pachypodium means FAT FOOT and describes how the plant looks, not really a "family" in the biological sense.

Dear Billy.

You saying Pachypodiums doesnt exist, that its only a descriptive word?

I wonder if you are'nt a Little to close to the Space stations Billy confused alien cyclops One never knows what the Americans bring back from sapce! ...and what they do to you! I think I've seen to many Movies. ha hah ahahaha

I think there is about 26 different Pachypodiums, 5 grows in Africa, the rest you'll find in Madagascar!! Well not for long, Madacascar are being destroyed by Charcoal making poor families, that burn the forests EVERY day. then go home and breed some more!

So very very soon the Family; Pachypodium ,will be lost in Nature!

Have a great weekend
Love and light
Andre


Andre Beaurain
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Adenium/Desert rose (^_^)

Post  fiona on Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:15 am

Billy M. Rhodes wrote:
Andre Beaurain wrote:
memet wrote:I think the body of the obesum grafted arabicum variety, adenium.

Definately a full and far Hybrid.
As Bill said it is NOT a Frangipani, but they are Family together with Pachypodiums!!

Pachypodium means FAT FOOT and describes how the plant looks, not really a "family" in the biological sense.

Now I'm confused as I'm not seeing anything wrong with Andre's statement as I assumed it to mean that Frangipani and Pachypodiums are in the same family. I am not familiar with these plants other than to see them in a botanical garden, but both Frangipani and Pachypodium are clearly listed online in the same family of Apocynaceae - which is what he said surely. The only difference I can see is that Pachypodium is a proper Genus name (I'm currently looking at a list of some twenty species of it) whereas by my reading Frangipani is a common name for the Plumeria genus.

Or am I (and several online sources) wrong here Laughing


_________________
"Espouse elucidation"
_____________________________________

my website

fiona
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: Adenium/Desert rose (^_^)

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:15 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum