Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Lilac 'Syringa microphylla' in full bloom!

+7
dorothy7774
fiona
Andrei Darusenkov
Rui Marques
chris
kauaibonsai
Hans van Meer.
11 posters

Go down

My Lilac 'Syringa microphylla' in full bloom! Empty My Lilac 'Syringa microphylla' in full bloom!

Post  Hans van Meer. Sun May 13, 2012 12:25 am

Hi everybody,
I would like to share with you all some pictures that I made of one of my little tree that is in full bloom. This Lilac "Syringa microphylla" Urban yamadori is still a pre Bonsai, but this years exuberant flower show makes a very spectacular visual impression and they dont smell bad eather! Smile

My Lilac 'Syringa microphylla' in full bloom! 11-5-210

My Lilac 'Syringa microphylla' in full bloom! 11-5-211

I have only been working on this little tree since September 2009 and I cant wait to see it in a nice pot! Just a few more years of branch building, but I am not in a hurry! Aah, that smell! I love you
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

My Lilac 'Syringa microphylla' in full bloom! Empty Re: My Lilac 'Syringa microphylla' in full bloom!

Post  kauaibonsai Sun May 13, 2012 6:37 am

beautiful, hans

best wishes, sam

kauaibonsai

Back to top Go down

My Lilac 'Syringa microphylla' in full bloom! Empty Re: My Lilac 'Syringa microphylla' in full bloom!

Post  chris Sun May 13, 2012 7:42 am

Just great Hans

Regards Chris
chris
chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Rui Marques Sun May 13, 2012 3:10 pm

Hi Hans,

Fantastic bloom!
Would be great to see some progresion photos.

Keep us posted regularly.

Regards,
Rui
Rui Marques
Rui Marques

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrei Darusenkov Sun May 13, 2012 4:17 pm

Mouth watering, Hans! Already looks great!

Best, Andrei

Andrei Darusenkov

Back to top Go down

Post  fiona Sun May 13, 2012 4:21 pm

Delightful. I am sitting here imagining the scent and it's taking my mind off a horrible wet, windy and miserable Scottish day.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans van Meer. Mon May 14, 2012 12:30 am

fiona wrote:Delightful. I am sitting here imagining the scent and it's taking my mind off a horrible wet, windy and miserable Scottish day.

Hi everybody,
I am glad to see that the flowers are appreciated! And Fiona, I truly wish that I could PM you some of that breathtaking perfume! This tree and one of my, also full of flowers, Hawthorn's are standing side by side in my, now for 80% opened winter shelter. And this afternoon we were sitting in side that open shelter in the back of my small garden, with a nice Cappuccino and a good book, to catch the last warm sun rays of the day. And because a lot of that warm scented air got trapped, it became quit intoxicating to sit their!My Lilac 'Syringa microphylla' in full bloom! Lava-l13
Cheers,
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.
Hans van Meer.

Back to top Go down

Post  dorothy7774 Mon May 14, 2012 1:53 am

I was wondering where all that fresh smell in my computer room was coming from! Great tree!

-Dorothy
dorothy7774
dorothy7774

Back to top Go down

Post  John Quinn Mon May 14, 2012 3:44 am

Great, Hans...looking forward to seeing this as it develops! cheers
John Quinn
John Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakaki Mon May 14, 2012 12:53 pm

Sometimes I want to try bonsai from such blooming trees just to watch its flowers, although their shape, branches, leaves are usually not suitable for bonsai.
(I dont know if I am alone in this feeling?)
But your tree has really good trunk and form also, Hans!
Sakaki
Sakaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Fore Mon May 14, 2012 2:42 pm

That IS a really nice one Hans! Great find! I have one in my backyard that is nothing interesting other than being a clump. But I started an air layer on top this spring, but it'll be nothing than a straight trunked boring tree for many years. My blooms have also been spectacular this year, and I agree, it's very aromatic!
Thanks for posting!
Fore
Fore

Back to top Go down

Post  Todd Ellis Mon May 14, 2012 3:36 pm

Hi Hans,
Their smell is lovely and your tree is beautiful. I am working on a small one and it bloomed profusely this year. What color pot will you put this in?
Todd
Todd Ellis
Todd Ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down