Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012 BSF Commemorative Pot 'A Learning Experience'

5 posters

Go down

2012 BSF Commemorative Pot 'A Learning Experience' Empty 2012 BSF Commemorative Pot 'A Learning Experience'

Post  Rob Addonizio Sun May 06, 2012 11:45 am

Good day all,
I have been working on a pet project this year, a commemorative art piece for the Bonsai Society of Florida. This pot, which will be auctioned on Friday evening of the convention, was created for the soul purpose to exemplify my growth through the years as a potter. It has been a humbling experience...

2012 BSF Commemorative Pot 'A Learning Experience' Img_2211

Please visit my blog for more photos and details.

And as always I do look forward to any thoughts or questions.

Respectfully,
Rob Addonizio

Last edited by Rob Addonizio on Sun May 06, 2012 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
Rob Addonizio
Rob Addonizio

Back to top Go down

2012 BSF Commemorative Pot 'A Learning Experience' Empty Re: 2012 BSF Commemorative Pot 'A Learning Experience'

Post  Gwyther Wed May 09, 2012 12:26 pm

Very cool Rob !

Vic
Gwyther
Gwyther

Back to top Go down

2012 BSF Commemorative Pot 'A Learning Experience' Empty Re: 2012 BSF Commemorative Pot 'A Learning Experience'

Post  BrianG Thu May 10, 2012 2:25 am

very creative......... awesome colors ... the aged cracks are fantastic! will you be making any more Rob?

Brian
BrianG
BrianG

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Ogranaja Fri May 11, 2012 2:34 pm

It's so nice to see the finished product. Great job buddy. It looked great before but it looks fantastic now. I hope you'll make more.

I hope you and the family have a great weekend!!!!
Sam
Sam Ogranaja
Sam Ogranaja

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Addonizio Sat May 12, 2012 2:28 am

Gwyther wrote:Very cool Rob !

Vic

Thanks Vic!
Very Happy
Rob Addonizio
Rob Addonizio

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Addonizio Sat May 12, 2012 2:35 am

BrianG wrote:very creative......... awesome colors ... the aged cracks are fantastic! will you be making any more Rob?

Brian

Thanks Brian!

Although I enjoyed exploring the concept of this piece, I will probably only do more if they are commissioned. These kinds of art concept pieces are VERY time consuming. Now my main hope is that I goes over well at the show.

Thanks so much for your support!

Rob Very Happy
Rob Addonizio
Rob Addonizio

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Addonizio Sat May 12, 2012 2:41 am

Sam Ogranaja wrote:It's so nice to see the finished product. Great job buddy. It looked great before but it looks fantastic now. I hope you'll make more.

I hope you and the family have a great weekend!!!!
Sam

Hello friend...

Thanks for letting me know what you think. It means a lot to me, and I have respect for your aesthetic appreciation.

Looking forward to starting your project within the next few months...

All the best,
Rob
Rob Addonizio
Rob Addonizio

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Sun May 20, 2012 3:44 pm

Nice pot Rob, love the cracks and the idea. It reminds me of my first collectors pot with a snake on

Regards and thanks for showing

Andy
Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Addonizio Sun May 20, 2012 5:20 pm

Thanks Andy,

Yes, your snake pot was the beginning point for my inspiration. I loved the idea of snakes on pots, even regular non-bonsai
pots, and have seen many in my time, however yours was very alluring.

As an artist, and speaking to artists, I wanted to create something more personal however. Merely copying for the sake of copying was not my intention, and I know you can see where I am coming from...

My concept, may be a bit 'risky', what with intentional broken off pieces and cracks (real and faux) etc. I know that there will be some who just don't get it, but hey, art is a form of communication is it not?

Your friend,
Rob

Last edited by Rob Addonizio on Sun May 20, 2012 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar, rewrite)
Rob Addonizio
Rob Addonizio

Back to top Go down

Post  Stone Monkey Sun May 20, 2012 5:43 pm

Rob

I really like your pot and the message that it portrays in your journey as a potter. The use of the snake and the intentional cracks and faults in the pot is a really good analogy for what you have learnt and the path you have taken along your chosen route.

I am flattered that I inspired you and copying, even though it is obviously not, is never an issue for me.

For me your art has got the message across and I look forward to seeing more of your work

Kind regard

Your friend

Andy

Stone Monkey
Stone Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down