Internet Bonsai Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bonsai on BBC Radio

4 posters

Go down

Bonsai on BBC Radio Empty Bonsai on BBC Radio

Post  wabashene Wed May 02, 2012 10:29 am

Peter Chan was Chris Evans' mystery guest on Radio 2 this morning as a follow on from an item yesterday about Japanese gardens I believe. As expected he came across very well in the 3 minute interview managing to dispell the "bonsai is cruel" myth, give a "potted" history and made it clear that any tree/plant virtually can become bonsai and barely "plugged" his own nursery in Sussex at all which was refreshing.

Just for interest's sake

thks

TimR
wabashene
wabashene

Back to top Go down

Bonsai on BBC Radio Empty Re: Bonsai on BBC Radio

Post  fiona Wed May 02, 2012 11:52 am

Thanks Tim. Think I'll have a listen on iPlayer to that.
fiona
fiona

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy M. Rhodes Wed May 02, 2012 12:31 pm

I had the pleasure of meeting Peter Chan on a tour of China in 2010.
Billy M. Rhodes
Billy M. Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post  wabashene Wed May 02, 2012 12:49 pm

The Mystery Guest slot was about 08:40 hrs or 2 hrs 10 into the 06:30-09:30 show just in case you don't fancy 2+ hours of Chris Evans.

He was trailed as "Mr. Bonsai" and winner of 21 Chelsea Gold Medals.

Have met him very briefly whilst he was judging at shows a couple of times and seems a very nice chap.

Haven't been to the nursery as I tend to avoid East Grinstead having had few scrapes in the "Cult Capital" (not my words) of the UK in the past.

Very Happy

TimR
wabashene
wabashene

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus watts Wed May 02, 2012 10:15 pm

all positive mention of our hobby in the media is good- spreading awareness is essential for its future successes. nice nursery, have visited if when in the area but just to look - too expensive a part of the UK and the prices obviously have to reflect the surroundings, local economy and average earnings. chris should have grabbed John Trott though - he has become the first to recieve 50 RHS gold medals for bonsai.

I'm looking forward to the Chelsea saturday on the stand with John and the sunday magical accents show - it will be a busy weekend !

marcus
marcus watts
marcus watts

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down